60g Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
150g Caster sugar
10g Raw Cocoa Powder
20ml Blackberries, blended and sieved
10ml purple food colouring
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
150g Plain flour
1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate soda
1 Tablespoon rice wine vingear
300g Icing Sugar
125ml Cream Cheese
1 Tablespoon Milk
5ml Food Colouring, of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale.
- Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl add the cocoa powder, food colouring, vanilla and blackberry juice. Mix until combined. Add to the egg mixture.
- Add the vinegar to the milk and add in alternation with the flour to the batter.
- Finally put in salt and the bicarb.
- Mix until everything is combined. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the cakes are cooling, make the frosting. Add the icing sugar and butter and mix until it looks like breadcrumbs. Add the cream cheese and mix, add the milk to allow everything to combine.
- Use a star tip in your piping bag. Stripe your food colouring of choice on the sides on the piping bag, and spoon in the frosting.
- Swirl the frosting over the cooled cakes and add a blackberry to each.
-Charlotte DOAF x