500g steak beef mince
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic, finely chopped
1 large white onion, finely chopped
2 bay leaves
1 stalk celery, chopped into 1cm pieces
2x400g tinned chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon tomato puree
splash worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
pinch salt and pepper
- Heat oil in pan and fry onion and garlic for 8 minutes of fully cooked down.
- Add beef mince to pan and break up with spatula while cooking.
- Once the beef is brown and broken up add the chopped tomatoes, and fill one can with water and then pour into the other tin to get all the juices. Put all of this in the pan.
- Stir, add the tomato puree, sugar, worcestershire sauce, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
- Cook this down for at least 6 hours or even longer if you can. The longer you leave it the tastier it will be!
-Deborah DOAF x