2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
250g of roasted on the vine cherry tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
1tbsp spicy chorizo, chopped
1 teaspoon of tomato puree
1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
1tbsp olive oil
pinch of salt and pepper
- Place all the meatball ingredients into a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Heat a large pan with oil.
- Mould your meatballs into the size of golf balls, a ice cream scoop works wonders.
- Place your meatballs into the warm oil and cover with a lid and cook on low for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, you can start cooking your tomato pasta sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 190C, and arrange your cherry tomatoes in a roasting dish, and cook for 20 10 minutes, or until split.
- Add the oil and the garlic cloves and cook for a minute, or until the garlic cloves look softer.
- Pour the tins of chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, sugar and seasoning.
- Bring to a Simmer and cook for 1 hour. Once your cherry tomatoes are cooked take the off the vine and place them into your sauce, if you prefer a smoother sauce, blend them up just before you put them in.
- Once you meatballs are cooked place them into your pasta sauce and let them combine with the sauce for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil your pasta.
- Put everything to together on a plate, grate over some more Parmesan and serve!
-Deborah & Charlotte DOAF x