220g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
75g caster sugar
80g brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra for decorating
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
125ml vegetable oil
3 mashed bananas
Demerara sugar, to decorate
chopped walnuts, to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 160C.
- Grease a loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, both sugars, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the centre, add the eggs, vegetable oil and the mashed bananas and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin. Sprinkle cinnamon, Demerara sugar and walnuts over the top.
- Cook in the oven for 60 minutes.
-Deborah DOAF x