This shortbread is incredibly short, crumbly and melts in your mouth with each bite you take. You could easily omit the lemon zest and juice for a decadent shortbread, but the freshness of the lemon really gives it that unique taste.
For the shortbread:
125g Caster Sugar
250g Plain Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
150g Chocolate Chips (this isn’t needed, but chocolate is a MUST for me)
1 Lemon zested
For the drizzle:
4 teaspoons of icing sugar
1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Combine the butter and sugar, until it lightens in colour slightly.
- Add the flour, baking powder, chocolate chips, lemon zest.
- Grease a cookie sheet and spoon on the dough.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Mix together the icing sugar lemon juice and drizzle over the cookies.
-Charlotte DOAF x