Avocados are Loaded With Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids. In fact, 77% of the calories in it are from fat, making it one of the fattiest plant foods in existence. But they don’t just contain any fat… the majority of the fat in avocado is oleic acid. Which is a great type of fat.. in moderation.
I was at my local cafe getting my regular herbal tea (Raspberry & Hibiscus.. I highly suggest you get your hands on some) and i noticed an avocado loaf bread and just thought it was a fabulous idea.
I went home and tried to find a way to make this delight, and after much of a trial and error process, the recipe is here! I wanted to give my recipe something extra special, so i decided to top one of my loafs with blueberry puree and the other with chopped banana…I honestly couldn’t tell you which one is better.. You’d have to try them both!
This recipe makes 2 loafs. You can half the recipe or make both and freeze one.. They freeze amazingly for up to 1 month.
- 130g Plain Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 Duck Eggs
- 400g Brown Demerara Sugar
- 225ml Vegetable or Coconut Oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste
- 3 Avocados, mushed
- 1 tablespoon Lime zest
- 1 banana or 10 pureed blueberries or any other fruit you desire!
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees C.
- Grease and line two 9 by 5 inch loaf tins
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, spices and baking soda and mix until combined.
- In another large bowl beat together the eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and continue beating until fully combined.
- Stir in the oil, vanilla, avocado and lime zest.
- Stir the dry into the wet ingredients.
- Pour half on the mixture into each loaf tin.
- Add blueberry puree or chopped bananas on the top of the loafs.
- Cook for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
-Deborah & Charlotte DOAF x