This vegan chocolate cake is so incredibly moist and light, is shocking how healthy it is for you! Even those indulgent cheat days will be good for you. At the foodies kitchen, we have been looking for alternative ideas for processed sugars and this our favourite so far.
We have added banana and raspberries to ours but almost any fruit will work (it gives it the sweet flavour, we know and love)
All prepared and cooking within an hour, this will be for sure a winner in any household!
- 285g Plain Flour
- 64g Cocoa Powder
- 300g Demerara Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Bicarb soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- pinch of Salt
- 250ml of fresh warm Coffee
- 125ml Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste
- 3 Ripe Bananas, thinly sliced
- 1 packet of Raspberries, cut in half
- Handful of Cocoa Nibs
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Grease a bundt pan with dairy free butter (or any if you’re not vegan) and dust with cocoa powder.
- Add a even layer of cocoa nibs to the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, bicarb soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a measuring jug, whisk together coffee, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients, to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Pour a layer of batter into the prepared pan.
- Add the chopped bananas and raspberries.
- Cover with the rest of the batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a piece of raw spaghetti inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
-Charlotte DOAF x