I will find any excuse to use Brussel sprouts at this time of the year, they are my all time favourite vegetable.
These crisp brussels are perfect paired with a seared fillet steak or as a great tapas before your main meal or as we did it with our Caramelised Tuna Steaks.
In whatever way you serve them i’m sure they’ll be gone in minutes or even seconds.
- 250g Brussel sprouts
- 25g of butter
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 25g Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Wash and remove the outer leafs of the brussels and chop in half.
- Once the butter has melted add the brussels cut side down to the hot butter.
- Sprinkle over some salt and pepper.
- Fry for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile grate some parmesan cheese.
- Toss the brussels around and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Once the brussels have a crispy brown outer layer place them in your serving dish and sprinkle with a generous amount of parmesan cheese.
- You can skip the cheese if you want to keep these vegan, they work wither way!
-Charlotte DOAF x