Happy Saturday! Recently we are loving making vegan goodies, this one is our best yet!
- 250g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bars of dark chocolate chips ( chocolate with 60 percent cocoa content or higher—double-check the ingredients if you want to make sure they’re vegan)
- 100g caster sugar
- 110g light brown sugar
- 130ml canola, or any other neutral oil
- 65ml water
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the chocolate chips to the flour mixture and toss to coat.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the sugars with the canola oil and water until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture, and then stir with a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Roll into a sausage shape and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the dough for at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours. Sadly, you cant skip this!
- Line two pans with baking paper.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and cut into equal slices.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes, or until the edges are just golden.
- Let cool completely before serving.
-Charlotte DOAF x