This loaf cake is moist, sweet and delightful! Even though we use it as a great afternoon treat it almost crosses into dessert territory.
The cake :
- 315g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp Bicarb of Soda
- 115g Butter ( unsalted )
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 lime, zest and 1tsp of juice
- 3 Duck Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste ( if using extract use 2tsp )
- 375g Diced Papaya ( can you fresh, frozen or left over )
- 125ml Coconut Water
The glaze :
- 1 Mango ( de-skinned and cubed )
- 75g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to a 175C, and grease a loaf tin with butter and baking paper.
- In a bowl whist together the flour, lime zest, baking powder, salt, bicarb of soda.
- In another bowl cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl until creamy and smooth. Then add the eggs in one by one until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Puree the papaya and coconut water and stir this into the wet ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet, adding it slowly and mixing in between.
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and bake until a piece of dried pasta comes out clean. ( 50- 55 minutes)
- While the cake is cooling make the glaze. Add the icing sugar and mango into a blender until smooth.
- Once the cake is cooled drizzle the glaze over and top with some candied lime! use this recipe here Candied Fruit & Vegetables
-Charlotte DOAF x