I have always loved chocolate granola, but find the ones in the shops are filled with so much sugar the word healthy does not even exist in them package.
So here is a healthy, gluten free granola that you can feast on, with all the energy but no guilt!
- 200g rolled oats – gluten free
- handful of pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds
- 65g walnut halves or pieces
- 40g chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 30g, plus 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp and 2 Tsp melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp and 2 Tsp cup mild agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (or agave nectar )
- 2 Tbsp coco nibs
- Preheat oven to 160 C.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, walnuts, seeds, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cacao, coconut oil, vanilla, agave, and coconut sugar or more agave if using until smooth.
- Pour cacao mixture over the oat mixture and stir until oats are coated.
- Coat one large rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Press granola into the bottom of the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Shake the pan and press into the bottom again and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan without stirring. Granola will crisp up, clump, and harden as it cools. Gently stir in chocolate chunks, if desired. Store in an airtight container.
-Charlotte DOAF x