Homemade crispy, crunchy meringue cups. An elegant, yet surprisingly easy springtime dessert.
- 4 large duck egg whites
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Preheat the oven to 105 C.
- Whisk the egg whites on low speed until they are frothy
- turn the mixer up to a medium speed, and start adding the sugar to the whites one tablespoon at time.
- Once all the sugar is combined with the eggs, add the vanilla.
- Turn the mixer up to high and whisk till stiff peaks.
- Put a large star tip into a piping bag, and fill it with the meringue mixture.
- Place a piece of baking paper onto a baking tray. Draw around a large glass 6 times onto the baking sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet pencil side down. If the baking paper wont stick add some meringue mixture to each corner of the baking tray.
- Start piping the mixture onto each circle. make sure you go round 3-4 times to build a big enough wall.
- Bake in the oven for 1hour 30minutes. Once cooking time is completed turn the oven off and leave to dry out in the off oven overnight.
- Fill with your food desires! We used our homemade strawberry ice cream, for a unique eton mess!
-Charlotte & Deborah x