Cookie dough has always been one of my favourites, with my mum telling me not eat it raw because of the eggs. Now, i can eat it to my hearts desires as the cookie dough in the cupcake is egg-less! The obsession with cookie dough continues with cupcakes. I’m sure my fellow cookie-dough lovers can relate.
This recipe is for 12 cupcakes. If you want 24, just go ahead and double everything. I first started with a vanilla cupcake recipe, that has a super surprise in it, topped with cookie dough icing!
For the Sponge:
- 120g Plain Flour
- 140g Caster Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 40g Unsalted butter
- 120ml Whole Milk
- 1 Duck Egg
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Paste
For the cookie dough frosting:
- 112g Unsalted Butter, at room temp
- 175g Icing Sugar
- 15g Soft Brown Sugar
- 15g Plain Flour
- 1 Tbsp Whole Milk
- 1tsp Vanilla Paste
For the Cookie Dough:
- 56g Unsalted Butter, at room temp
- 2 Tbsp Soft Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Paste
- 1 Tbsp Whole Milk
- 105g Plain Flour
- 50g Chocolate Chips
- 12 Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies, such as Maryland
- 20 Chocolate drops
- Start off by making the vanilla cupcake.
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Put the flour, baking powder, salt, and butter in a electrical mixer and beat on slow until it looks like fine crumbs.
- Gradually pour in the milk with the mixer on.
- Add the egg and the vanilla paste.
- Slowly add the flour to the batter. Until it is just combined. Don’t over mix!
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cupcake tin, and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- While the cakes are cooling start the cookie dough surprise.
- To make the cookie dough, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the vanilla, flour, milk and salt and mix together until it starts coming to together.
- Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and stir in with your hands.
- Once the cakes are cooled, push a large circle nozzle tip into the middle of the cake and remove. Stuff a bit of cookie dough into the cake and put the cake back on top.
- Once you have done all the cookies start making the frosting.
- Cream together the butter and the icing sugar until combined.
- Add the brown sugar, flour, vanilla and the milk. Mix until this is fully combined.
- Add the icing into a piping bag with a large star tip, and swirl the icing onto the cakes.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate drops and decorate with a cookie.
-Charlotte & Deborah x