These cupcakes brought us right back to out childhood, the fluffy and light vanilla base and the amazing bubblegum frosting. These cupcakes were in fact made for a special occasion for the desires of the foodaholics. That occasion is that we’ve hit 500 followers on Instagram, and we couldn’t be happier!
We wanted to thank you all for following our creations with something special. So, we decided to make something we hope everyone could enjoy! whether it was yourself, your mum, your kids.. you name it, anyone!
The bubblegum frosting is flavoured using Beau flavourings. Beau flavourings is a highly concentrated flavour but does not taste artificial! We suggest if you use this flavouring you dilute it with milk or any other liquid, depending on what you’re adding the flavouring to.
You can buy the Beau flavouring from here : Beau Bubblegum Flavour
We used a light pink colour as we didn’t want the cupcakes to look too crazy. We thought with the flavouring and the toppings, a nice baby pink colour would suffice.
If you make these gorgeous cupcakes for any occasion, or even to celebrate with us tag us in on Instagram using the hashtag Cookingwithtthefoodaholics
For the Sponge:
- 120g Plain Flour
- 140g Caster Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 40g Unsalted butter
- 120ml Whole Milk
- 1 Duck Egg
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Paste
For the frosting :
- 120g Unsalted Butter
- 55ml Whole milk
- 3-4 Drops of Bubblegum flavouring, we used Beau Flavouring
- 500g Icing Sugar
- 1 Drop of Pink Food Colouring, We use Americolor
- Pink Sprinkles
- Hubba Bubba Chewing Gum
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Put the flour, baking powder, salt, and butter in a electrical mixer and beat on slow until it looks like fine crumbs.
- Gradually pour in the milk with the mixer on.
- Add the egg and the vanilla paste.
- Slowly add the flour to the batter. Until it is just combined. Don’t over mix!
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cupcake tin, and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are cooling make the frosting.
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter, milk, the bubblegum flavouring and half the icing sugar until smooth.
- Gradually add the remaining icing sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the pink food colouring and beat in slowly.
- Ice each cupcake with the bubblegum frosting, add the sprinkles and top with a bubblegum.
-Charlotte & Deborah x