Nice-cream has been a trend blowing up every social media platform, with it all starting off with bananas and it now turning into masterpieces. Many accounts on Instagram showcase amazing towers of glorious perfect nice cream stacked ten feet high, defying gravity.
We are not going to lie, we still don’t understand how that works, but it sure looks very impressive. All nice-cream consists of it frozen fruit, all natural, pro health!
We decided to make this fruity version, the flavour combination reminding us of summer and then the pancakes…Oh my!
Don’t worry if your nice-cream doesn’t come out perfect. We have made many attempts where we’ve go stressed and thrown it in the bin..Silly idea and extremely wasteful, but sometimes cooking does go wrong and its very stressful. Just breathe and keep blending the mixture it will finally come together.
If you make this amazing creamy sorbet for your breakfast or even a snack tag us in on Instagram using the hashtag Cookingwithtthefoodaholics as we love seeing your creations!
Now lets get on with probably the most amazing Instagram trend yet.
For the pancakes:
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 Large Duck Eggs, Beaten
- 30g Melted butter
- 300ml Almond Milk
- 225g Almond Flour
- 1tsp coconut oil
For the Nice-Cream:
- 100g Raspberries, frozen
- 100g Strawberries, frozen
- 100g Blueberries, frozen
- 2 Bananas, frozen
- 50ml Pomegranate Juice
- Start off by making the Nice-cream. Make sure the fruit is left out 5 minutes prior to blending. Add all the nice cream ingredients into a high powered blender.
- Blend until its smooth.
- Place the nice-cream to a container and let it sit tight int he freezer until the pancakes are made.
- Now start making the pancakes. The easiest way to make these pancakes is put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and bubbly.
- Add 1tsp of coconut oil into the pan and heat on medium-low.
- Pour a small dollop of the mixture into the hot pan, and shape using the back of the ladle.
- Cook for about a 1-2 minutes each side. Or until the pancakes slide around the pan without ease.
- Cook until all the pancake are done. Now take the nice-cream out of the freezer and scoop onto the top of the pancakes. It will start dripping.. but it looks great!
– Charlotte & Deborah x