Avocado toast surely is one of the most popular breakfast post on Instagram. Probably because its so easy to make and yet so beautiful. We’ve put in a variety of our favourite remakes below.
The toppings are endless for this staple. Starting with strawberries, or tomatoes and even flowers. Yes, some flowers are edible! If you’re interested about some of the flowers you can eat, let us know and we will do a whole post on it! As Deborah is fully qualified horticulturist.
We find that this creation is great for breakfast and lunch. Its filling, wholesome and a good kind of fat! ( I’m sure you’ve all seen the funny meme.. if not i’ve posted it above)
From the photos you can tell our favourite topping is tomatoes. We find it makes our mouth water by just looking it, it is sweet and nourishing. Another tip is to add a flavour oil such as avocado oil, pumpkin oil or lemon oil. It really brings out the flavour!
Avocado + toast is the two-ingredient breakfast that’s taken oven the world. We’re seeing it pop up on menus everywhere, and swarming Instagram like burgers and American BBQ once did. So, join the trend and become apart of the avo-family! You wont regret it 🙂
If you make this amazing trend for your breakfast tag us in on Instagram using the hashtag Cookingwithtthefoodaholics as we love seeing your creations!
- 1 Whole Avocado
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Squeeze of Lemon
- Toast of your choice, we make a homemade rye bread
- Any toppings, we suggest fruit or eggs. ( Your only limited by your imagination! )
- Peel and de-stone the avocado.
- In a bowl place the avocado halves, and squish them with the back of a fork until they are the desires squishy-ness.
- Add some black pepper, sea salt, lemon juice and mix.
- Lay the avocado onto your toast and decorate.
- Chomp away at your creation.
-Charlotte & Deborah x