Homemade lemonade spells out summer to us, its sweet and reminds us of Television shows we used to watch when we went abroad and all the kids sell homemade lemonade for a bit of extra P.
We love experimenting with different refreshing flavours, and trying to make them as healthy as possible for you. Of course if you wanted to you could add some honey or agave nectar if its not sweet enough for you, they’re the best kind of sugars you’re going to get!
Now to begin the slight nag..Sorry!! Sad to spoil the fun but do keep in mind fructose (natural sugar from fruit) can be very bad for your teeth.. we know! Charlotte had to have a filling just because of fructose. So, do not be fooled. Yes, fruit is very good for you..but as always and our little motto, “Everything in moderation.”
Now, back to the fun. This time round we made a scrumptious strawberry lemonade. Just for the adults, we suggest you add a splash of vodka into the mix, you wont regret it!
- 400g Strawberries
- 6 Large Lemons, juiced
- 25 Mint Leaves
- (If wanted) 3Tbsp of raw honey or agave
- (If wanted) 30ml Vodka
- Large serving jug, or mason jar
- Wash the strawberries and mint throughly.
- Chop the green tops of the strawberry, and discard. ( OR place them into the big mason jar…it all adds to the flavour)
- Place the strawberries into a power blender, along with the lemon juice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Fill your large serving jug with ice and add the mint. Also add the vodka or honey if you’re using!
- Pour the strawberry lemonade into the serving jug, and mix around to combine.
- Serve in a cold glass with a straw and enjoy every refreshing second!
-Charlotte & Deborah x