If you read our last blog post you would know you’re expecting a lot of new recipes from us! We have a got a new recipe every single day for the next 10 days! We know its exciting. All of these recipes are prefect for any summer BBQ. We are going to teach you some tips and tricks for each one and some other ways to cook the recipes if you don’t have a BBQ.
The first up in our summer recipe is probably our favourite side we have ever made, and that is Lemon Broccoli! This is a combination of all the best flavours.. well to us.
The broccoli is pre cooked, and then made crispy on the BBQ. If you don’t have a BBQ, you could crisp the florets up by heating up a skillet pan with a little bit of rapeseed oil, make sure its hot! Chuck the broccoli in and it will sizzle.. Don’t be afraid this is a great thing! Give it a little shake and cook for about 3 minutes. Amazing!
If you make this amazing side dish tag us in on Instagram using the hashtag Cookingwithtthefoodaholics as we love seeing your creations!
- 2 tsp Salt
- 600g Broccoli
- 2 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 2 tbsp Freshly grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Fill a large saucepan will boiling water and salt, add the broccoli. Boil the broccoli for 3-4 minutes.
- Place the broccoli into ice bath to stop the cooking straight away.
- Meanwhile preheat a vegetable basket on medium heat on the BBQ. ( Roughly 190-210C)
- While the BBQ is heating up add the broccoli, lemon juice and zest, and the oil into a bowl and make sure everything is coated.
- Add the broccoli onto the vegetable basket and watch the sizzle and flames.
- With the lid closed as much as possible cook for 4-6 minutes. Give it a shake once or twice.
- Put the broccoli into a serving bowl and grate over some parmesan.
-Charlotte & Deborah x