To us this vegan dish is a match made in heaven. Recently we’ve experimenting with vegan dishes, as even though it is slightly out of our comfort zone it does allow us to be creative with the flavours we use.
We found inspiration for these gorgeous courgette and Jalapeno fritters on Pinterest ( We have added in a handy dandy link to our page if you want to have a look ) Lets be honest most of the best inspirations are found on Pinterest. Although, a lot of the amazing food just doesn’t seem to work. These however, are a winner winner chicken dinner… Obviously without the meat.
We do suggest don’t go too overboard on the spiciness as we did first time round. You could be chucking back gallons of water in the process, while it does help your water intake for the day, it may not be the most enjoyable way to eat your meal. If you can’t find fresh Jalapenos in your local supermarket the jar ones with suffice.
Serve these on their own or as a side, they go down a treat either way. Also one last tip for you before you scroll down this page to find the recipe is DO NOT quickly cook these. We made this mistake the first time round and while it tasted nice it was raw in the middle. We are not looking for a molten courgette and Jalapeno cake, we are looking for a crisp and tender fritter.
If you make this amazing vegan dish tag us in on Instagram using the hashtag Cookingwithtthefoodaholics as we love seeing your creations! Also head over to our youtube channel and subscribe while you’re over there to cook along with us.
- 2-3 Courgettes
- 1tsp Salt
- 2 1/2tbsp fresh Chives, thinly diced
- 1 whole Jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1tsp Black pepper
- 1tsp Fresh oregano
- 1tsp Fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 50ml Almond milk
- Rapeseed oil, for frying
- Sour cream
- Using a box grater shred your courgettes thinly. Toss these into a bowl with the salt and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a herb chopper, thinly chop up the chives, oregano, thyme, jalapeno and garlic.
- After the 5 minutes squeeze out the excess water of the courgette over a sieve. Return it to the bowl.
- Mix the milk and the herb mixture to the bowl of courgettes and mix until fully incorporated. The mixture should be sticky enough to hold its shape, once squeezed between your hands.
- Heat a large frying pan with 2-3tbsp of oil on medium heat.
- Add the courgette fritters to the pan and place a lid over the top for 5 minutes.
- Flip the fritters and repeat.
- If you find the fritters are not brown enough, turn the heat up to high after the cooking and quickly flash fry them.
- Serve warm with cool sour cream.
-Charlotte & Deborah x