Over on our Pinterest account we having loads of inspirations for vegan desserts. This one was our favourite one, we had to make it straight away! We loved this so much we are actually, right this second making a similar batch with pistachios! So, look forward to that.
The base is held together by dates and the “cheesecake” part is made from coconut milk. We have been loving using the cream from the top of the can of milk for a substitute. If we are completely honest we actually prefer it! Then you get to make magical swirls with blender raspberries and strawberries. This dessert is sweet without giving you a toothache or a headache. So, binge away!
Sadly, we haven’t got many photos of this creation, as we may or may not have got carried away and forgot we have to take pictures for you guys! So, sorry about that 🙂
If you make this amazing vegan dessert tag us in on Instagram using the hashtag Cookingwithtthefoodaholics as we love seeing your creations! Also head over to our youtube channel and subscribe while you’re over there to cook along with us.
- 40g Pecans
- 75g Oats
- 8 Medjool Dates
- pinch of salt
- 1 Large Can Coconut Milk (just the cream)
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 50g Raspberries
- 60g Strawberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Grease a tart pan with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, blend the pecans, oats, dates, ginger, and salt until it forms a dough. You should be able to press the dough together with your fingertips.
- Press the dough down into your pan, until it coats the entire bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the freezer while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Whisk your coconut cream in a medium bowl, and whip until it forms a fluffy whip cream texture. Add the maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla and continue to whip until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into your pan.
- Place your raspberries, strawberries and maple syrup in a food processor and blend. Spoon the mixture into the pan on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Using a sharp knife, begin to make swirls, into the fruity layer to achieve that swirly look.
- Place your vegan cheesecake into the freezer to firm up for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from pan, cut into squares, and serve!
-Deborah & Charlotte x