Watermelon salad, just screams summer days to us! When we first came up for the recipe for this we were very sceptical that all the flavours would work well together, and so was everyone we served it to. The surprise awaited us, while all our friends and family said it was amazing!
As you can see from the below image we have served this for our pescetarian friends using thai prawns. Sadly, I couldn’t taste this as she is highly allergic to shellfish, but debs gave it 10 stars. For this recipe we are just going to give you the watermelon salad recipe as if you’re like me, or vegetarian, or vegan you can eat until your heart desires.
The salad it’s self is super easy to make and will probably only take a few minutes to prep. You could serve this with a nice sticky cauliflower, as it gives you a coolant for the heat. Many of you might of seen us make that on Instagram and we’ve been getting so many requests for the recipes…Don’t worry only a few more days to wait!
We added way more mint that your average person, but we do have a mint tree and we get carried away.. All of the ingredients can be cut in half or more for smaller portions as this recipe probably could serve up to 6 people. This all depends how much you give and hoe many times you go back for more haha.
f you make this amazing vegan dish tag us in on Instagram using the hashtag Cookingwithtthefoodaholics as we love seeing your creations! Also head over to our youtube channel and subscribe while you’re over there to cook along with us. While we are going ahead with our self-promos you might as well head over to our Pinterest and Facebook. All the links are at the bottom right of the page 🙂
Now.. Lets get cooking!
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Shallot
- 2 Tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Jalapeno chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Whole Watermelon, cut into cubes
- 1 Cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 4 Tsp Mint Leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Mix the shallot, vinegar, sugar and the chilli together in a large bowl.
- Add the watermelon, cucumber, mint, and salt and toss gently to combine.
- For the best flavour sensations you should allow the salad to sit at room temp for 30-60 minutes.
- Using 10 mint leaves, 10 cubes of watermelon and juice and zest of one lime blend in food blender.
- Drizzle over the salad.
-Charlotte & Deborah x