A while ago you may of read our blog post on planning our friends birthday surprise BBQ, if you haven’t head on over here first 🙂 Foodspiration In a short clip on the Youtube video you see two flavours of ice cream. One is milk chocolate ice cream and the other is this amazing spin on our favourite dessert, the tiramisu.
We were slightly worried how this would turn out, but oh boy we had no reason to be! This is basically a creamier and frozen version of the dessert and we couldn’t love it anymore. In our own personal opinion it’s a lot easier to make!
The flavours that always stand out to me, are the subtle mascarpone cheese, coffee infused Lady Fingers, and a dusting of cocoa powder. Well this Tiramisu Ice Cream recreates all of those flavours perfectly. If you did want to make this a little bit healthier, try using coconut milk and coconut cream instead!
As all of our recipes if you make this amazing dessert tag us in on Instagram using the hashtag Cookingwithtthefoodaholics as we love seeing your creations! Also head over to our youtube channel and subscribe while you’re over there to cook along with us. You wont regret it!
Also, one last self promotion before I leave you to read the recipe if you haven’t scrolled past this dribble just yet, is the link to the video. Happy Watching! BBQ Feast. Also, please read the description which explains all the food choices!
- 250ml Milk
- 125ml Double Cream
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 88g Muscovado Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 6 Sponge Fingers Biscuits
- 88g Mascarpone Cheese
- 150ml Marsala Wine
- 1 Capful of Kahlua
- Cocoa powder
For syrup :
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 3 Tsp Instant Coffee Granules
- Pour the milk and cream into a large saucepan and heat gently, stirring every so often, until the mixtures begins to steam.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks in a heatproof bowl until smooth. Add the sugar and salt and whisk until fluffy. Gradually and slowly, pour the hot milk into the egg mixture whilst whisking continuously to prevent the egg from scrambling. Return the saucepan and place over a low heat, stirring frequently until the custard thinly coats the back of a wooden spoon. Do not allow to boil.
- Pour back into the bowl and set aside for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooled to room temp. Once cooled, place in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the syrup. Put the caster sugar and 100ml water into a pan and whisk over a low heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the coffee granules and simmer while whisking.
- Put the sponge fingers on a plate and drizzle over the syrup.
- Using a spoon fold in the mascarpone into the cooled custard, then stir in the marsala. Pour the mixture into a ice cream maker and add the kahlua and churn according to instructions.
- When churning is complete, place into a freeze proof bowl. and freeze for 2 hours.
- Serve with a dusting of cocoa powder.
-Charlotte & Deborah x