Probably one our most favourite desserts in history, the classic lemon tart. If we do say ourselves it’s better than the Marks and Spencers one, and that is pretty darn good!
We always used to buy the Marks and Spencers as we thought it was too nice consuming to make. Oh, we were so wrong! We’ve come up with this recipe its fool proof and super quick! We personally think its great served with fruit and clotted cream, but obviously if you do not want to fully indulge just have it on its own.
We have made these numerous amounts of times for people coming round, almost like a back up. Everyone seemed to go for it first and it never last the next day as it’s so moreish you won’t know when to stop eating, until your fork hits the metal plate.. Well you could lick the plate but you may get judged.. Not by us !
Enjoy this amazing fresh summer dessert, it is best made the day before the event but it can be done on the same day.
As all of our recipes if you make this amazing dessert tag us in on Instagram using the hashtag Cookingwithtthefoodaholics as we love seeing your creations! Also head over to our youtube channel and subscribe while you’re over there to cook along with us. You wont regret it!
Also, one last self promotion before I leave you to read the recipe if you haven’t scrolled past this dribble just yet, is the link to the video. Happy Watching! BBQ Feast. Also, please read the description which explains all the food choices!
Biscuit Base :
- 100g Rich Tea Biscuits
- 60g Shortbread
- Zest 1 Lemon
- 60g Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 2 Egg Whites
Lemon Custard :
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 150g Double Cream
- Zest 1 Lemon
- 85ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease a 20cm fluted tart tin with a removal base.
- Put the biscuits into a food processor and blend until its a sandy texture.
- Pour the crumbs into a large bowl and all the other base ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tart tin and press it down and up the sides, bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While the pastry is cooling prepare the filling and turn the oven down to 150C
- Put all the filling ingredients except the lemon juice in a bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add the lemon juice while mixing. Leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Pour this mixture into the biscuit base and cook for 30 minutes.
- Once it is cooled place in the fridge overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Serve with cream. Uneaten in the fridge it will last 2-3 days.
-Charlotte & Deborah x