This soup is the perfect heart warmer for any day. Preferably in the winter as soup is must for us in the winter season.
Also we have a two new sections for our food category. The different sections are 1. Under 30 minute meals and 2. Student meals. The under 30 minutes meals is the perfect section for mothers and people who work late hours. As they come in and know dinner won’t take them a long time which in the long wrong might help you save money if you’re a takeaway spender. The under 30 meals will be every Thursday, these meals are going to blow your taste buds. They are going to simple and easy but oh my so wonderful!
The second section was all made for students as we know first hand how east it is to eat crap while at university as “its just easier” well we are here to the rescue! We are going to be giving you every Tuesday cheap, wholesome recipes. All these recipes will be super quick to make and super cheap to buy the ingredients, and even better great to freeze. You could make any the recipes and freeze them in portion size and just leave them to defrost in the fridge when you make them. Basically, we are going to try to make you healthier and save money absolute win, win! So, you’ll have the money to buy those clothes you want 🙂
Although, it is not a Thursday or a Tuesday we just couldn’t wait to share our new idea. It’s your lucky day, here is the first recipe that fits into both section the best winter soup you’ll eat!
- 25g butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 230g sweet potato, diced
- 1 small butternut squash, diced
- 0.5 tsp smoked paprika
- half a red chilli, finely chopped
- 750ml vegan bouillon vegetable stock
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 100ml coconut milk
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the garlic, sweet potato and butternut squash. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika and red chilli, then cook for a further minute.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, then cover again. Cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are nice and tender.
- Stir in the mustard and blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk, season to taste and serve with crusty rye bread.
– If you haven’t got any nice rye bread around you, you can make this amazing one. Rye & Spelt Bread.
– Deborah & Charlotte x