To start off this amazing series we have got a simple, cheap and easy meal for you all you students. I know you all are wondering why would students want to eat chia!? Well it is actually very good for you. It fills you up a lot quicker, so in the long run you will actually save money as you wont need to eat as much if you incorporate it into your meals.
As we know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Being a student we are guilty of missing breakfast constantly, so this jam is so quick and easy for you that you have no excuse! To save even more money, you could go to your local park and pick the blackberries.. It’s the perfect time to! Just make sure you throughly wash them.
- 175g Blackberries
- 175g Raspberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Roughly chop up the fruit into small pieces. Place this into a saucepan with 2.5 tbsp of water.
- Rise the temperature to high and allow it to boil. Once boiling turn down to medium heat. Squash the fruit with the back of your spatula and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon, sweetener and chia seeds.
- Leave this to set for about 20 minutes. You can blend this jam, but we prefer the texture, but if you’re newbie to chia seeds might be best to blend it.
- Pour into an airtight container.. You could recycle something you have in your fridge. Perhaps an empty jar from an pre-made sauce, just make sure you clean it with boiling hot water! This will keep for 2 weeks.
– Deborah & Charlotte x