There are many benefits to green smoothies, some of these include :
- Natural Weight Loss.
- Increased Consumption of Fruits and Vegetables (Particularly Greens)
- Easy Digestibility and Nutrient Assimilation.
- Increased Energy.
- Mental Clarity and Focus.
- Increased Fibre Intake.
- Clearer Skin.
Although, some people are slightly frightened by green smoothies as they may think all the vegetables will make it taste odd. The banana and maple syrup counteract the veggie taste and give it a nice sweet taste. So, give this a try.. You might actually convert!
- Half a frozen banana
- 75ml almond milk
- 1 handful of oats
- 1 large green apple chopped
- 3 large stalks of kale, with the middle stem removed
- Half lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Half an avocado
- Add all the ingredients into the large smoothie jug from the nutri bullet. If you do not have a nutri bullet you can use a food processor.
- Blend once, and then shake after the first cycle. Keep doing this until its fully blended, it may take 3 to 4 times.
- Place in the freezer for 5 minutes and then serve in a cool glass.
Serving Suggestion : Homemade granola and flaked almonds.
– Deborah & Charlotte x