To start off the under 30 minute meals section in food we’ve got a great desert. Yes, some of you may be thinking, well this isn’t really a meal is it? You are wrong! These have no refined sugar and no eggs! They are great for an on the go breakfast, and breakfast is defiantly a meal. We love these muffins as they are nearly guilt free! If you ever craving some sugar these bad boys are sure to beat those cravings and you wont feel guilty after.
We have adapted this recipe from the lovely Niomi Smart’s book, Eat Smart.
- 200g spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean
- 100g dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 ripe bananas
- 120ml almond milk
- 10g oats
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
For the topping
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 banana
- Preheat the oven to 180C, and line a muffin tin with muffin cases.
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together with a whisk.
- In a large jug, add all the wet ingredients and whisk until fully combined.
- Combine the wet into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Using a ice cream scooper divide the batter between the cases.
- Get another banana and thinly slice it. Add a slice of banana to each muffin and drizzle some maple syrup evenly over each muffin now cook for 25 minutes.
- Cool on a rack and grab and go.
Serving Suggestion…Melt some more dark chocolate and put this into a pipping bag and drizzle over the muffins.
– Charlotte x