A great, quick and low cost vegetarian mid- week supper. You could well have lots of the ingredients already in the fridge and any left overs could be roughly chopped and run through a pasta for the next day. We often just brown some more chopped garlic and fresh chilli in olive oil, then throw in some halved cherry tomatoes and the chopped stuffed peppers. When warm add to some penne pasta and you have another meal! If there isn’t enough left to make a full meal then add something like some steamed broccoli etc to bulk it out. We Try to use all our left over vegetables etc during the week so not to waste them.
— Also just to have a little celebration dance this is our 100th blog post! Wow how quick thats gone… We are thinking about doing something special to celebrate this milestone. If you have anything fun things for us let us know in the comments 🙂
- 4 Large Potobello Mushrooms
- Spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 fat clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- couple sprigs of fresh thyme
- 250g Gruyere cheese
- 4 thick slices of French bread, toasted with parmesan, cooled and then made into breadcrumbs
- flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6
2. lay mushrooms on baking sheet and sprinkle with the onions, garlic and thyme.
3. Top the mushrooms with thinly sliced or coarsely grated Gruyere.
4. Top with the parmesan breadcrumbs and chopped parsley.
5. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through and the breadcrumbs are golden.
6. Served on a dressed, seasonal green salad.
-Deborah & Charlotte x